SA30 build 1027, version 1.62

Just restart the Roon Core

Distortion is not completely gone. Compared to build 867 it is much less frequent en less loud.
Today I was playing from Qobuz (using the Qobuz app) for several hours and noticed it twice while playing 96Khz tracks. Last one was The Torture never stops from Zappa. In this context the title describes my mood now…

1 Like

Roon used to indicate in the signal path when Dirac was being used by the SA 30. This indication in Roon disappeared a month or so ago. I thought it might reappear after the SA 30 became certified, but it has not. Is this something that is no longer supported by Roon or Arcam?

Is there any update from ARCAM about the distortion or are we going to return the units to the dealers?

Thanks

Jaro

Unfortunately no updates. We are all waiting eagerly.
Hope Arcam haven’t came across any issue, that cannot be resolved, but that silence is a bit worrying…

2 Likes

If they can’t fix it via firmware they would have to do a product recall or refund everybody as far as I see.

4 Likes

I agree, although it would be a shame.
Let’s wait for any update from @arcam_paul

3 Likes

Hi folks, I posted an update in another thread here.

Been searching the forum and I am wondering if there is some qobuz issue or not. Just seeking other views rather than immediately raising an issue.

When I start a stream form Qobuz it takes maybe a minute or two before playback actually starts. On odd occasions for which I can’t say there seems to be much consistency playback will stop then restart later.

I’ve only recently started to go to Qobuz and considering it seriously instead of tidal because I’m gradually realising I’m never certain what I’m really getting with lossy MQA and likely it’s not worth the premium over lossless hi res Qobuz. That is a whole other discussion, BUT I’ve never had tidal do this.

This problem is with the amp streaming, not Airplay or chromecast which would not support hi res formats.

Listening direct on a device to Qobuz using their app there is no pause when starting playback at all, it’s immediate.

So is this normal? Sounds like a little thing but pretty annoying tbh.

Here you go, just been playing this album for about 28-29 mins and it just decides to stop for about a minute at the start of this track

And it’s just done it again at the end of this track, MusicLife is still showing the mini graphic EQ animation on the track in the playlist, but nothing happening been about 3 minutes now and nothing happening, not sure whether it will restart this time.

Nothing else going on on my network other than me posting this message. I don’t have the fastest broadband in the world, but plenty good enough for this, I can stream full Netflix DolbyVision no problem at all and as mentioned I don’t get these pauses with the Qobuz app. In fact when it does pause, I can flip to the Qobuz app and select the track where it’s got stuck and start playing it on my iPad immediately.

Just also tried flipping across to the web client and it is not showing the track as playing. I tapped the play icon and the icon kept flashing as the track position slider started jumping up at maybe 20 second intervals until it got about a minute into the track and started playing about 10 seconds then stopped again. Then went back to Music Life and managed to start it ok from beginning of the track……for now at least….

Gave up in the end as it gradually got worse from there, switched to tidal stream for remainder of album, no problems.

(Edit)
So I’m going to leave this Qobuz apparent problem alone here I have suspicions it’s related to the same thing I’ve reported as an issue in this thread Slow start and not “network ready” - #5 by madfiddler

However, after a couple hours listening tonight about 3 albums worth I got the distorted sound this was listening to Bob Dylan’s rough ‘n’ rowdy ways.