Stuck on "Net Updating"

@mikegb It doesn’t when the amp has no connections anymore… in the end I can tell that the procedure with loading firmware with usb, using the service button on the back, like pointed out in this thread, does the job when this problem occurs. It shouldn’t be that way, but it finally helped my machine passing the update. And now I’m very happy with my SA30 again. The tidal feature improved the sound quality even more, imo, and I did not complain about that before at all.

1 Like

I’m also streaming Tidal from the MusicLife app.on my Ipad. The quality is excellent when you setup effective Dirac curves to accentuate the low end. What Tidal features in the app do you notice improved specifically? They seem to be only minor enhancements from what i see in the Music Life app.?

The difference in Tidal application usage is that new firmware has feature called “Tidal Connect”. Tidal is not using Chromecast build into Arcam SA30 anymore, but it is connecting directly to “Tidal Connect”, so it can use all Tidal features, like “MQA” and “MQA Studio” support.

1 Like

Any better quality though, when streaming through the music life app or using the Tidal App direct?

No they are both enabling the same result since neither are casting now (assuming you use Tidal Connect) but rather instructing the amp,to stream itself directly

2 Likes