SA30 build 1206 version 1.7

I am trying to upgrade to 1206 but Arcam says 1027 is the latest. Did I miss something?

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Haven’t tried the factory reset yet though.

I went back to the previous firmware. And then updated to the current one again.

I did a factory reset and then tried again and failed. I’ve tried both the USB update and the through the browser. The factory reset wiped out my Dirac Live measurement scenarios.

It finally worked. I did the update via the browser. I followed the directions and pointed to the unzipped copy on my harddrive and it finished. A network and system reset is necessary afterwards. I lost my Dirac Live settings on my hard drive that I did a couple of weeks ago. How can we keep those settings after firmware updates. Will a backup/restore to the directory work?

1 Like

This also hapens to me, i am losing my dirac curves and have to make newones every time after soft update. Even if i save them in my PC they cant by reload from the PC file.

You can save your Dirac project, and reload your curves that way. Providing you don’t move your speakers, you can retain your existing recordings, so even small tweaks are possible.

From Dirac, tap the Menu button (three horizontal lines), and choose Save Project. Then in the future you can either Load Project from the same menu, or Resume Previous Session.

Once you’ve loaded your project, you can jump straight to the Filter Design / Export stage and resend your curves.

This comes in very useful for me, as I have to factory reset two or three times a week from jumping between software versions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, It worked. I’m rockin’ again

2 Likes

Same problem here. After 5-10secs stoped the sound. Sa30 was reacting with the remout, could turn the volume. I switched it in standby and back on stil no sound. After switching off/on the power buton the amp started to play the sound. Happend 2x today, 1. With BDinput
2.SAT input.

1 Like

Hallo,

Ich bin neu hier bei euch im Forum.
Die Bedienung meines Arcam SA30 fällt mir wirklich schwer.
Die Bedienungsanleitung gibt leider auch nicht viel Auskunft.
Ich möchte meinen SA30 gern ein Software Update verpassen.
Eigentlich hatte ich vor, das über “OTA Update” zu realisieren.
Aber ich weiß nicht wie ich das Gerät von USB auf OTA umstellen kann ?
Und nun lese ich hier bei euch, dass das Update garnicht über OTA funktioniert.

Ganz ehrlich ? Das Gerät klingt ja wirklich gut.
Aber die Steuerung ist für mich einfach extrem kompliziert gestaltet.
Mein Bluesond Powernode das ich vor dem Arcam genutzt habe, hat das alles selbständig gemacht.

Ich hoffe das mir hier geholfen werden kann.
Ich brauche bitte eine Schrift für Schritt Erklärung.

Danke schon einmal im voraus.
Grüße aus Berlin / Deutschland

Laden Sie die Update-Datei herunter und entpacken.

Die Datei enthält die Installationsanleitung, aber ich denke, dass die Anweisungen nur auf Englisch sind. Google Translate sollte helfen, ansonsten würde ich vorschlagen, Hilfe von Ihrem lokalen Händler zu suchen.

Alternativ können Sie dem Arcam-Support eine E-Mail senden.
arcam.support@harman.com

Wahrscheinlich können sie eine anleitung in deutsch geben.

viel Glück!

1 Like

Hi Audiofrank,

kannst du per Browser auf deinen SA30 zugreifen? Wenn ja, lad dir die neue Version von der Arcam Homepage runter, geh auf den SA30 im Browser → Device Settings → File → die Datei auf deinem PC suchen und dann los. Beim ersten mal ist es etwas frickelig, aber nach ein paar mal ist es simpel

1 Like

Vielen Dank für Antwort, bzw. Informationen.

Ungeachtet dessen, finde ich es eher traurig, dass Arcam offenbar nicht in der Lage zu sein scheint, die Steuerung ihrer tollen Verstärker und Receiver einfacher zu gestalten.

Irgendwie werde ich mich auch da noch durcharbeiten.

Gruß Frank

Looking at the SA30 to power LS50 Metas but was disappointed to see the software issues.

Looking at this thread a lot of the major issues have now been sorted. Would you all agree?

1 Like

Yes, i would agree. It’s now stable, without major issues (if any).
Just look at the forum - it’s almost dead. What does it tell you? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are 2 niggles that I would like resolved but can live with them.

1. The fade in when streaming music from my NAS.
  2. The inability to ‘Cast to device’ From Windows.

The main issue of distortion of 88.2 files has definitely been fixed though.

1 Like

My SA 30 has been perfect every day since 1206. It can drive my Sonus Faber Extremas very well and with authority. If you know the speaker, they can be hard to drive as they drop below 4 ohms in a couple of places. I use Roon, Dirac Live, and analog sources, all perfect now. Works with Audirvana and MusicLife, but I have only tested them as I use Roon. Dirac Live is a game changer to me.

Ken

2 Likes

Hello.
Sound level via google chromecast is lower than through other sources.
All max volume settings is 99.
Have a nice day :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, it makes me feel a little more comfortable going down this route.

1 Like

Mine is still cutting out, how do you run a factory reset?