Weird user guidance during OTA firmware upgrade

Thanks. First I tried to reset Net settings. But once I check „Continue“ the SA30 ist Frozen and no key is responding. Same happened with USB Update yesterday.

I will hook it up to my router via cable and see what this brings.

[UPDATE]
I can access the Software Update and Recovery Page of the SA30. So far so good.
Once I upload the latest swu file I geht the following error:

[download_from_url] : Connection with server interrupted, try RESUME after 0
[network_thread] : Incoming network request: processing…
[scan_ubi_volumes] : mtd7: Volume found : nsdk-settings
[scan_ubi_volumes] : mtd7: Volume found : nsdk-rootfs
[download_from_url] : Image download started : ubi://ubi0:nsdk-rootfs/swupdate
[download_from_url] : download from url started : ubi://ubi0:nsdk-rootfs/swupdate
Software Update started !

File information: image.swu size: 135249408 bytes

As I heard nothin back from the Aracm Support for over a week and the tip of my dealer did not work either, I gave the tip with the “Service”-Button from this forum a shot.

During powering on, I pressed the “Service” button on the back of the device for about 60s with inserted USB stick with current SWU firmware image. The SA30 then took a long time to boot (different slower animation pattern in the display) and then after a few minutes came “Update completed Restarting”.

Et voilà the SA30 works again as usual :grinning::grinning::grinning:.
Interestingly, even the DIRAC curves were still “there” after the procedure. They used to be gone after every update.

Thanks. Great forum!

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my brand new SA30 running with firmware build 1027 v1.62.

After switching the unit on, it displays the “press menu for options message”.

The point is I can neither perform a net reset (the unit freezes) nor a usb upgrade (net is “updating” for almost 4 hours without success)so I am stuck with my brand new high end SA30.

Here are some informations displayed :

Net:0
ip:0.0.0.0
name: empty
serial number: empty

Additionnal information:
My device is not shown on my network although it’s connected with ethernet, so I can’t run any update using the network.
My usb key worked yesterday on the SA30 for playing music. I just cleaned it and used the Arcam website’s firmware file.

Hi Johnduff, welcome to the forum!

It looks like you’re facing the next issue Weird user guidance during OTA firmware upgrade

I know from the SA30 build 1108, version 1.66 release note (currently an old beta build) a fix exists:

## Changes from 1.62/1027

Fix list:
4090 – Disable “Press MENU for options” prompt when upgrading

I’m unsure what you should do in your situation, maybe @arcam_paul is able to provide some advice.

1 Like

Thanks @jvs1

Yes that looks like a failed net update to me. We’re talking through options via PM.

1 Like