Just wanted to say that i have noticed these problems with spotify connect and spotify cast since the first day the new firmware was released. Previous version had other problems, so going back did not make much sense.
After some attempts i was able to reach a support person in Arcam, i have walked through the steps and we managed to reproduce quite a few issues.
Here is the example email from that exchange:
Thank you for getting back to me. I am happy to learn that at least one Spotify Connect issue was reproduced. It hints that the other similar issue with sound or connection disappearing after one track could be also reproduced. I think it makes sense to focus on this connection mode first. I will put the steps here, as well as a new video. By the way, I got a new device, Samsung A7 tablet, and the same issues occur there.
Losing sound after the track ends:
- Connect to SA30 using “Spotify Connect”, make sure the playback starts ok
- Make sure “Autoplay” is off. Meaning Spotify will not automatically continue playing similar tracks when music ends. (I am not sure if changing this setting changes it on SA30 while connected, or the device at hand, but change it just in case )
- Go to search and type “sting”
- Click on some track from the results, make sure it starts playing and plays for a few seconds
- Scroll the track closer to the end but leave a few seconds of playback
- Wait for the track to finish, make sure no new track is started automatically, this is key.
- Go back to the search results and click on another Stings’s track
- Observe that the playback visually starts, but no sound is coming from the speakers
- Now we are in a strange state where depending on your next actions like clicking on yet another track, changing volume, pausing and playing, the sound might come on at some point and connection gets restored, or connection fully drops, or tracks start kind of jumping back and forth on the screen.
Here is the video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/S6qWxtRaEdQP9QKJ7
While recording the previous video I actually bumped into a new issue that seems to be similar to the one above.
New track does not play if the previous track is paused first:
- Connect to SA30 using “Spotify Connect”, click play on the currently active track, make sure it starts playing
- Pause the current track
- Go to Search, for example look for “sting”
- Click on any track
- The playback visually starts but no sound is coming
- We are again in this strange state with seemingly broken connection
Video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/R8KEvj2QpN85TfZh9
Another observation - when the so-called “strange state” is reached i cannot immediately reconnect to the device. To resolve the situation when no sound is coming i disconnect and continue playback on the handheld device, wait for a few secs, then attempt to connect to SA30, it usually fails the first time, then i try again and on the second attempt i can re-establish the connection and continue enjoying the music.
When the playlist like Discover Weekly is playing, song after song - these issues do not happen.
Regarding the Google Cast and glitch in the start of the songs - i tried to quickly reproduce this, and seems like result is fluctuating all the time, sometimes no glitch at all, sometimes barely audible, sometimes it is very obvious that almost a second from the start was skipped, but catching that moment on camera means a lot of takes Here are my results - i think in one or two cases you can hear smth. I am not using dirac on any of the inputs.
Videos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/jfYCW6BNnReMsoHR7, https://photos.app.goo.gl/tQxc9BuPRncraMXy8
I hope this helps. And I appreciate all the support, once I was able to reach the right email it has been a very pleasant experience so far! Really looking forward to enjoying my Arcam to the fullest and with no interruptions!
The last response that i got was:
Thank you for the further information. I have recreated these issues and logged them, so am now awaiting feedback from the software team.
This was on June 13th.
I encourage everyone to not just write here, but actually contact the support. This will increase the awareness and the priority of these issues.
Email i used - firstname.lastname@example.org
If and only if we are active enough as a community we can get these things addressed.