No longer MQA when using TIDAL

MQA IS BACK !

Just run the update trough the web interface on a wired connection and everything works perfect now.

Best Regards

2 Likes

Hello everyone.
I had the same problem with my ST-60. At some point on firmware 813 it stopped recognizing MQAs from Tidal, but still decoding MQA files properly.
Firmware 1164 seemed to fix that issue, but when the streamer is off for several hours, on the next reboot , the network module looks corrupted (shows version 0.0) and is no longer able to change inputs, the internal volume goes to 0 and there is no music playback from the selected input, even after tuning the ST60 volume back to 99. Airable streaming seems somehow working.
Reverting to 813 fixes these issues, but Tidal MQA playback is lost.
When today I started my daily routine of flashing to 813 to regain playback and upgrading to 1164, the upgrade seems no longer available through the web interface. It is also gone from the Arcam website.
Is anybody suffering the same issues or is any known trick to make it work consistently… ? Or finding now 1164, for what matters…

Please could you contact support luxurysupport@harman.com so we can dig into this issue further. We’ve had no other reports of this behaviour.

Thank you Paul. Email and logs sent

1 Like

I am also having problems after the update to 1164.
Menu button on the player responds sometimes and sometimes not but from remote
it seems fine.

Made a reset but no change,

I’ll message you and we can get some more information from you.

Hi, so I have been solving this problem for 2 months on my Arcam SA30, where MQA does not appear on the display when I play music via TIDAL. I updated everything to TIDAl, MUSICLIFE and ARCAM and still nothing.
I solved it with an Arcam dealer in the Czech Republic and his approach is, hold on, maybe it will start to work. I also wrote in support of Arcam and I have no answer, which is sad.
Maybe I’ll find some advice here, or at least a clear answer on how I can get MQA playing again.
I’m unhappy about it and I’m starting to think I’ll sell it for this mistake. Please, give me an advice.

Thank you and have a nice day.

I’m incredibly disappointed to hear of your bad experience with both the dealer and Customer Support. Can you tell me who your Dealer is so we can look into this from our side?

As I mentioned above, this change was performed at TIDAL’s end, where we have no control over. The good news however, is we have fixed this issue in recent beta releases. I believe we’ve fixed the last outstanding issues preventing us releasing this publicly. I can’t give a definitely date for when this will be released publicly, but if you don’t wish to wait we can add you to the beta group here in the community and you can upgrade your unit yourself.

Just let me know, and I’ll ask the forum administrator to add you to the group.

Good afternoon, finally some hope.
If you understand that, I won’t say exactly who it was, they weren’t bad, they just didn’t know how to help me, so they told me to wait until arcam released an update.
If I can ask you, please add me and I will be happy to add the BETA version.
I update via PC and internet browser.
Let me know how to do everything right and again I can listen to the highest quality MQA with great pleasure.

Thank you very much for your answer Tomáš

Of course I completely understand. I don’t wish to get the dealer in trouble - but more hope that our sales team can reach out and give them some guidance or detail.

In any case, I’ve requested you to be added, and I’ll let you know when thats gone through.

We’re looking to release this publicly next week or soon after, providing the beta test goes well.

So I’m already added to the group.
So I will ask you for a link where I can download the latest software.
Thanks again

You’ll find it in this thread, opening post, at the end of it:
https://arcam.discourse.group/t/sa30-build-1206-version-1-72-rc/543

Hallo.

Have you tried he new update to ST60 V1201?

The last update V1164 caused me a lot of problems so i am a bit afraid to install the new update.

https://www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/ST60/Software%20V1201/ST60_V1201_V0.72.zip

DO NOT install 1201 in your SA30. It is not an appropirate build for the SA30, and will get your unit stuck in a boot loop. It is recoverable, but it is frustrating to deal with, hence why we went with 1206 for the SA30.

As the name implies, it is appropriate for the ST60 only. You should be fine to install this on your ST60 @Trogge I do think you will find this update beneficial.

Hello Trogge,
I am finally stable on 1164 for now with the help from Arcam TS. Basically, the trick was to go thought a path of incremental updates from 813 to end finally in 1164.
v1201 is not popping up on the web interface as an upgrade, so I may wait until is officially released.
In the meantime, I have been testing other providers (Apple Music, Amazon, Qobuz) than Tidal (due to the lack of MQA on 813). As soon as my st60 was stable on MQA I circled back to Tidal. Not aiming to create a debate here, but to my ears, MQA sounds in general more pleasant than other high res options.

I see that is already an official update. Updating now…

The update went smooth this time!

Dobré ráno, tak jsem nainstaloval nový software a MQA opět pracuje s TIDAL.
Bohužel existují nové problémy.

• dsplay visí, což znamená, že někdy neukazuje, co se hraje a co.
    Navíc můj ARC HDMI nefunguje vůbec, televizor nemůže najít Arcam ani po odpojení a opětovném připojení kabelu HDMI.
    Takže prosím o radu.
    Takže něco bylo opraveno, ale také se to pokazilo.
    Ještě jsem na to nepřišel.

Now they find out that while listening to the internet radio or TIDAL, Arcam cuts himself after a while and jumps in after the PVR output.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use at all now.

Have you performed factory reset (both system and net) after upgrade?