Music/Sound stopping intermittently

Hi all, set is:
Latest update on SA30, Bluesound Node 2i, Clearaudio Concept TT with Limetree Phono Stage.
So just recently I have been getting sound/music cut outs from time to time and wondered if anyone else got the same? Everything will be playing along fine and then just nothing/no sound even though the streaming is still playing OR the turntable is still spinning. I do alot of streaming through my bluesound node 2i (optical) and just figured it was that the first few times but then it started happening when playing vinyl through a different output (analog). If you change sources on the amp and then back to where the music is playing it “fixes it”. Pretty frustrating though. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have a similar issue. Latest firmware, which installed over the wire :slight_smile: first time of asking.
Sky Q into LG TV and out to SA30 with HDMI eARC.
When I power on the TV the SA30 wakes up (incidentally the TV says Sony ready) and i get sound. after about 5 mins the sound goes off and the remedy is to turn the TV off and on again or the amp off and on again and then all is well. Happens most days

The other issue which I cant seem to solve is that the TV remote or the Sky remote will mute and unmute the sound with visual acknowledgement on the TV and SA30, but neither can change the volume up or down. Visually the TV says the volume is changing but it doesn’t change and it is not reflected on the SA30.

Thoughts from the community?
Thanks
Tim

1 Like

Have you got the sound dropping out sorted? Mine keeps doing the same in cd and Phono, it had stopped doing it for a bit but the last couple of times I have used it, the sound has dropped out several times during one song. It is only reminded by selecting a different source and then going back to the original source.

Is anyone else having the same problem and if so how did you remedy it?

Is it worth contacting Arcam directly?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul, I havent seen a fix but it hasnt been happening for me as much recently although I havent been doing any long term listening which is when it normally happened.

Hi Ben, thanks for letting me know. After using mine at the weekend it was fine, it appears to be an issue that happens every now and then but is very annoying when it happens.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed by a future update?

Hi Paul, yes it’s very annoying and definitely something within the amp (as opposed to the source). I too would be interested in whether anyone else is experiencing this.
Paul was this occurring for you before the latest upgrade? Hadn’t for me …

| Pase
November 16 |

• | - |

Hi Ben, thanks for letting me know. After using mine at the weekend it was fine, it appears to be an issue that happens every now and then but is very annoying when it happens.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed by a future update?

It only started after the update, I don’t know if its possible to reinstall the old version and of this would solve the issue until there is anew update

This happened again a couple of times yesterday. Strange that there arent more people on this group experiencing the same issue?

1 Like

Not sure if my issue is related in any way, but what I can tell is that sometimes when shuffling with sources at some point it just stops working via AirPlay and switches to SAT source, so basically stops streaming via AirPlay.
Another issue is that when I’m streaming Tidal Master mostly via UPnP (MusicLife app) after some time (not sure if it’s time-related or has something to do with the number of songs played) it either stops or stutter and ends playing eventually. It was more often when connected wirelessly, it’s better when hardwired but still happens. Pretty annoying… Stutter is really painful, especially when it happens while having louder listening sessions :).
For the record - ARC is still not working for me so SAT (optical) is the only way to have sound from TV, even that I can’t sync it properly.

1 Like

I have contacted Arcam through their support function on their website, I’ll let you know the outcome.

1 Like

Thanks Paul, I know its not really much to go on for their investigations but it really is just as simple as the music stopping (amp stays on). Its fixed with a change of source and then back. Again it happens with streaming and Turntable. Thanks

I am having the same issue with HDMI. Sound just disappears. Turning on and off helps. Happens a couple of times a week at least, no pattern i observed. Also sometimes volume and power control via tv stop working, need to push the power button on the amp to restart it.

This happens to me as well, and my quick “fix” is to hit Mute two times on the remote and the sound comes back. If we’re having the same issue then doing the Mute trick is quicker and easier than turning the amp off/on.

Edit: I see you guys had found a different trick (changing source), same thing I guess so disregard my comment or pick the fix of your choice. :slight_smile:

Hey Paul, do you know if there has been any update on this? I know its a tricky one to track down but it must be wide spread surely? Its intermittent which is annoying as its hard to replicate! Any info would be great thanks.

I contacted Arcam who suggested to reinstall the firmware and then do a system and net reset, which I did. This didn’t work so I was then advised to send it back to the dealer, who then sent it back to Arcam. Arcam tested it and couldn’t find a fault so it has been returned to me. Only got it back earlier in the week so haven’t used it yet and not sure what to do next if it still plays up. Bit annoying as it cost over £100 to send back via the courier with insurance (I have has a bad experience before with a courier damaging an amp).

What we did work out was that the sound only drops out when the direct option is set off, so it must be something in the digital circuitry.

I would be interested in hearing from any one else with this problem and if they found a remedy for it.

What we did work out was that the sound only drops out when the direct option is set off, so it must be someting in the digital circitary .

Experiencing the same problem, bloody frustrating drops out every half hour or so for a few minutes at a time. The level of response others have received from Arcam is concerning to say the least.