B&W 702 s2 speakers with SA30

Hi All,
I want to upgrade my stereo amp to the SA30, i got B&W 702 s2 fronts & will be using the SA30 as a power amp when using my HT setup. Will the SA30 be good enough for the 702s2?

Thanks.

I have the same and they sound good to me. I use the SA30 DAC and I also use a CXN/v2 DAC. Both DACS sound great on the 702 - S2’s.

2 Likes

Thats great to hear, as the 702 s2 are very picking in amplifiers, thought would ask if someone has this combo. In streaming quality you prefer the CXN v2 or the SA30?

Thanks.

They both sound great but different. One of the advantages is that the SA30 comes with Dirac which I use for my nighttime listening. The sound is more intimate and sounds good at lower volumes. The CXN/v2 and the SA30 without Dirac sound very close but slightly different, not better or worse. I probably could have stayed with just the SA30 but I wanted to experiment with separate DACS so I bought a CXN/v2. I have each setup for different listening scenarios so I don’t have tweak any sounds while I am listening. I also use Music Life and Stream Magic as backup players for Roon. They all sound good are function properly. I use Asset UPNP to sort my music libraries to play albums in track order instead o alphabetical order for both Stream Magic and Magic Life. Running two different DACS gives me added music listening options.

1 Like

Yes, that should sound great. I have the exact same B&W’s. I have the SA30 out to the PA240, which drives the B&W’s. As i plan to upgrade speakers sometime in the futures. But the SA30 alone has more than enough watts per channel to power them nicely!

1 Like

Hi Mike new to the forum. May I ask how many watts per side in a stereo mode is the PA240?

Hello, yes you are receiving an additional 120 WPC (each side) for a total of 240 Watts. It’s a nice boost, and using the SA30 as a dedicated Pre-Amp.

1 Like