SA30, Node 2i, Bluesound Soundbar not in sync

Hi all, I am currently running my two channels: SA30 (latest upgrade) connected via toslink to a Bluesound Node 2i - works great. I recently added a Bluesound Soundbar and 2 x Flex 2i to the Bluesound group. I will mainly just use the SA30 for two channels but on occasion I would like to group the Node, Soundbar, Flex all together so all speakers are playing.
When I group the Node 2i (using the SA30) with the soundbar there is a delay between the soundbar and the 2 channels. I tried asking on the Bluesound forum but they said it was most likely down to the SA30 delaying the digital stream?!
I have had a look through the manual and there are different areas where delays can be set but I wondered whether that was more for the HDMI input with the tv for lipsync etc or could/should they be applied in this instance as well? I thought maybe there was an easier option for grouping these without having to set/rest a delay each time.
Hope that makes sense.

I think this delay might be caused just by the fact, that digital signal in SA30 is going through DSP, even if DL is not used.
If that is the case, than only way to group those devices without delay would probably be connecting Node 2i to SA30 using analogue input, and using direct mode for that. This way SA30 will not introduce ANY delays.

1 Like

Thanks Felix, I’ll give it a shot

| Felix
August 18 |

• | - |

I think this delay might be caused just by the fact, that digital signal in SA30 is going through DSP, even if DL is not used.
If that is the case, than only way to group those devices without delay would probably be connecting Node 2i to SA30 using analogue input, and using direct mode for that. This way SA30 will not introduce ANY delays.

Thanks Felix, this worked a treat