How to stream music from Windows pc to SA30

This post describes how to play music from your Windows pc trough the SA30. The music to be played is selected on the pc. Neither the Arcam app nor the web client is used for selecting tracks to be played. The free music player FooBar2000 used is. There may be other free alternatives, the reason I used FooBar2000 is it is capable to query my entire music collection on various criteria (e.g. title, artist, flac only, etc).

From the foobar2000 website:
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform.

How to stream music from Windows pc to SA30

1. Download the and install foobar2000.
  2. Install the UPnP MediaRenderer Output. This component presents any UPnP MediaRenderer devices present on your home network as foobar2000 output devices. There is a tutorial on how to install components in general, if you’re unsure how to install this component then check it out here.
  3. Configure foobar2000 to output music to the SA30:
  • go to file menu, preferences;
  • select node ‘Playback’, ‘Output’;
  • set output to ARCAM.
  1. Play some music.

Has anyone encountered the following issue when using Foobar with ArcamSA30?
If I change between songs the next song stops after about 10 seconds with the following message “unrecoverable playback error could not connect to server”. I have to restart foobar in order to stream again and only works if I don’t change songs at all.
I would really appreciated it anybody has an advice. I removed all components. The error only triggers when using the UPNP Media Renderer to make use of Arcam SA30.
Kind Regards,
Pat

I have encountered the same error message. It is a time ago I saw this happening. From what I can remember the message appears after switching songs. I noticed the following workaround seemed to work. After the error message select stop, wait until music is stopped, select track and select play.

It would be nice if you could use the Windows ‘Cast to device’ capability instead of having to resort to Foobar. Another fault with the SA30.

This issue is filed below. I didn’t test it with build 867, however it failed with 705.