How to do Dirac with 2.1 setup?

I’m want to do a Dirac live today on my new Arcam SA30. I have a 2.1 system.
Setup:
2 full range speaker (B&W 683 s2)
Old Rel Quake sub, connected via preout.

Should I set my sub how I listen and run it with the speakers? Or should I do only speakers?
Thanks for help🙏🏼

Hi Barry I am only a beginner in this realm.
But I have some Large Spendor D7.2 and a Dali sub right next to me that I Measured with Dirac and without changing anything else it made a big improvement to bass boom (mostly from the Spendors as they are only about 18 inches from the wall when measured from the back of the speaker).

Just run Dirac measurements and it’s only a button click to try it on and off and maybe even make a couple of different measurements.

I have bought a better microphone (UMIC1) and I am waiting for the opportunity to measure again as the general information I have read is that the microphone is important to the measurements and that the included one is merely just good enough.

1 Like

I use 2 REL Stentors connected directly to the my Sonus Faber Extremas. So I use the high level ( speaker level ) inputs on the REL’s. I set the RELs first to just fill in below where the Extremas drop out. When I was satisfied with the phase setting and crossover setting, I increased the gain some and clicked up the crossover point a notch. This of course bloated the bass some. I then ran Dirac which corrected for this. But since the REL’s are connected directly to the Extremas the Dirac is rolling out some bass to the Extremas and the REL’s internal amps are handing more of this deep bass. This gives me the ability to drive the Extremas louder with the SA 30 than I would normally be able to do. The results are nothing less than fab to my ears. I never turn off Dirac anymore even though it is digitizing my analog. It is just better. Lots better in my room. Hope this helps.

Ken

3 Likes

You might try looking at REL’s website. They offer good advice.

1 Like