Connecting Sky satellite box to SA30 and transfer via eARC to Television

Hi I am based in NZ. Just go my new SA30 and have connected my Rega P3 turntable…sounds great. Now here is where I get contradictory. I bought the SA30 to get better 2 channel sound and soundstage. But… I do get my Television signal via my Sky Box(Satellite). Can I connect my sky box (satellite) via an optical capable to my SA30 digital connection…and then send the signal through the SA30 to my Television via the eARC Hdmi port? So, if I can send audio/video signal…through the amp to the TV… which allows audio through the 2 channel…and allows video and audio via the TV? I wired it up but doesn’t seem to work…thoughts? Cheers Peter

Why don’t you connect the television to the SA30’s HDMI port directly? If this works then the volume can set with the remote of the television too.

The SA30 doesn’t accept a video signal. The hdmi route might be the best option.

Hi jvs1. Problem is the video signal for the TV, comes via the Sky satellite service (satellite box).I have the TV wall mounted up on the wall . with one eARC connection coming down an internal cavity in the wall(HDMI cable coming an internal cavity…and then out the bottom of the wall). So are you saying I would need to connect the Sky satellite box… directly to the TV(e.g.via optical) …and run a cable from the TV to amplifiers (SA30) eARC…if I chose SAT… the signal will go to the TV…then sent back to the amplifier from the TV’s eARC( HDMI) to the SA30 eARC…does that make sense? Cheers Peter

That’s the way to do it. I have a simular setup, I’ve an iptv setup box instead of sat.

Not quite like that surely? Assuming you HDMI in and HDMI out eARC/ARC are separate connections……

HDMI out from Sky box to HDMI in of TV
HDMI out eARC/ARC from TV to SA30

That’s it, no need for optical toslink. Make sure you tv is set to output PCM stereo only on the eARC/ARC output

Thanks yep my bad…so the satellite box will need to connect into TV and the signal will be output through the eARC(SA30) and I can confirm that the sound is good…next I want to do is see how much I can control the system via one remote…I have the SA30…the Television and of course the skybox(SAT) and a CD player… when I am watching TV I want the sound coming from the front speakers and adjusted level from the TV 2.1 (its pretty good sound for viewing video)…but when I want Music via SA30 I don’t necessary want the TV on or at least no sound, i.e. I just want 2 channel coming from the SA30.