The guide explains the byte value stream/array necessary to send a command, with telnet you are typing characters so I guess that will be difficult to work out the byte values of those characters to match what represents a valid command…. And there may be some code page conversion going on
Hi Johnny, one of the forum members programmed a tool to communicate the SA30 a while ago. It is C#, so it is easy to reverse engineer it. Maybe you should have a look at it? Or ask the author for more information?
That was what I needed! I was able to use this product to verify the codes were actually working and that the amp was responding as expected. I then turned my attention to Home Assistant / Node Red which is what I use for my home automation.
I dragged a TCP request node onto my flow, configuring it with the IP and port number the SA30 was listening on. Then added two injector nodes renaming them “SA30-power_on” and “SA30-power_off” I set the payload type pf each to “buffer” and added the following payloads:
[“0x21”,“0x01”,“0x00”,“0x01”,“0x00”,“0x0D”] for the SA30-power_off node
[“0x21”,“0x01”,“0x00”,“0x01”,“0x01”,“0x0D”] for the SA30-power_on node
Manually triggering the injector nodes turns on or off the amps as expected. I’m not seeing the response I’m expecting, but I’m at least now on the right track.
Thanks all that made suggestions and hopefully the above may help someone else.