Strongly considering ordering the SA30 today, would you buy one again?

So you have not used the feature that impacts sound the most yet :smiley:
do it

My latest findings are that playing radio/podcasts from Musiclife (not thru Airplay) are way more dynamic, clear and louder comparing to Tidal connect/Spotify connect. Somehow Tidal and Spotify does not bring such dynamics and impact comparing to playing radio from Musicflife.

I haven’t tried other sources (analog or digital) so can not comment, but have a gut feeling that it can be fine as should be. Maybe its me, but seems that tidal/spotify connect integration is doing something with volume and dynamics (maybe some normalization is used behind the curtains that limmiting dynamics or so).

When you set up Dirac make sure you enable it for each input you want to use.
I only had mine set up for Roon so when I was playing the CD50 I was getting none of the benefits

I finally had the time to try out Dirac. I need to do more research on it, I wasn’t exactly sure how to set up the Volume Levels…the videos I watched weren’t very helpful with completely explaining it. Also I need a good explanation of how I should measure properly when using a single subwoofer in the mix.

After my first try with Dirac I wouldn’t say there was a huge difference than without it, but I was able to add a little more bass to the overall sound. I did 3 filters, Bass jacked up with curtain cut off at 300hz, Full curtain with bass up a couple DB and high frequency down 3db, and a 3rd one kinda flat all the way thru. I really need to do my homework on this Dirac and also take better measurements.

1 Like

I tried using the Music Life app, it worked for a little while but then the app and the Arcam froze up. I had to unplug and replug to get control of the Arcam again, just turning off and back on didn’t work. Strange stuff. And since that incident I’ve had 3 different times that I’ve turned on the unit and the left speaker had no volume output. One time the left speaker started working after about a minute of silence. The 2 other times after waiting a few minutes without the speaker working I had to turn the volume way up and then the speaker would start working. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I noticed a considerable change to the sound over a 200 hour period of time. Soundstage improving was the biggest, tone and dynamics improved also.
I stuck an audiolab dc block and a lindy power conditioner before it which helped too.

This is my first post. Had mine for about a month now. Maybe this is a plug for the local HiFi shop, but they set it up, including what they called a network update. Worked great out of the box. The guys at the shop suggested casting using Chromecast instead of Airplay. Had to do a little work with Google Home to make it work and would be happy to share. I have mainly been casting, via Chromecast, from a MacBook Pro using QoBuz. Very satisfied.

2 Likes

I definitely would buy the SA30 again. I just love the sound of this amp. Bought mine in December 2021.

I sold my sa30. Firmware updates were a nightmare. The apps suck. Sounds good. On off button very cheap. Total junk and the resale prices reflect that.

100% reliable, firmware updates no problem.latest firmware stable for all my use cases. Music Life and Arcam remote work fine as upnp controller, and it’s been improved since release of the SA30. I think android experience may be different to iOS but there is a decent web browser client too, on/off button does what it’s supposed to. Everything sounds wonderful with power to spare. No plans changing it any time soon. YMMV :wink:

1 Like

Firmware updates a nightmare: not for me. No problem at all. On/off button: hardly ever use that and I don’t agree about it being cheap.