Feature request, digital filters

first of all, a big thank you for the people who manage this forum!

As a newbe, I am trying to change the digital audio filters. It is said (in the owners manual pg EN-21) that they would subtly change the sound, but I don’t hear anything changing. I acces via the Arcam remote app in Net mode. One would at least expect hear the switching. Do I have to do some reset to enable it?

nope, tbh ive never heard a difference.

I never heard any difference when changing filters. But, I found this in this forum…

”According the manual as far as I understand the filters is noticeable bellow 48khz and I imagine this filters could works for signal with low sample rate. Something like to clean the noise caused of the low samples rates.”

Hi Stan, welcome to the forum!

There is a post on this forum that is about digital filters, the links in the post are very interesting and explain various aspects of the digital filter feature.

I could hear the difference, mainly in the bass. It’s subtle so you need to have good ears I guess. Sometimes bass was flabby. There were a couple that it sounded better on. Anodising and one of the slow filters if I recall.